Smoked Fish Fillets
For this recipe the brine will cover 4 fish fillets.
- Fish fillets of your choice
- 1 2/3 cups sweet soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbs Onion powder
- 1 1/2 tbs minced garlic
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, peppercorns, onion powder, garlic and water in a pot on a low to medium heat.
- Once combined, cover fish fillets completely in an airtight container or Ziplock bag and leave to rest in the fridge overnight or ideally 24 hours for richer flavour.
- Set up your keg Hāngi cooker and leave to heat up for half an hour.
- While this is heating, soak approximately 50g of Manuka wood chips in water - just covering them.
- This is to allow your chips to smolder not smoke.
Serve with sides of your choice, a lemon wedge and enjoy!